Swilled Dog is a fast-paced, dog-friendly, fun, and quickly expanding company where everyone capitalizes on their skills, resources and creativity to be the best team we can be. We have a passion for not only making incredible beverages but also making an impact in our local communities as we commit to donating a portion of proceeds to our favorite animal causes each year.
At Swilled Dog, people are at the center of everything we do. We believe in equality and aim to hire great people from a wide variety of backgrounds. We value diverse experiences and perspectives that will make us better at problem solving, driving innovation and creativity and supporting our team.
Part-Time Tasting Room Attendant
As a key member of our experience team, the Swilled Dog Tasting Room Attendant is a part-time position responsible for ensuring that customers receive the full Swilled Dog brand experience each time they come to the cidery and distillery. The candidate must be open to learning the details of the ciders and spirits we produce and our general operations. Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following: Greeting customers promptly and courteously; communicating the Swilled Dog story; guiding customers through ciders and spirits they enjoy; setting up and cleaning up daily operations and special events; stocking cider, spirits and retail merchandise in the tasting rooms; accurately performing daily beverage inventory and money handling procedures.
*This position requires you to be TIPS trained and gain a food handlers card after being hired.
Essential duties and responsibilities include:
- Support Swilled Dog’s core values and purpose
- Always possess excellent people skills and a friendly and helpful manner
- Greet all visitors to the cidery and distillery and pour ciders and spirits for tasting
- Effectively explain cider and spirits to customers and their unique properties
- Serve small food menu to customers and fill table orders while maintaining the bar
- Answer visitor's questions and be able to provide general tourist information
- Be open to working and assisting with special events outside of normal hours if needed
- Handle routine purchasing transactions, which include operating cash register
- Acquire and maintain thorough knowledge of all beverages served on site
- Work in a collaborative team environment and open to performing other duties as assigned by Manager
- Charitably inclined and a passion for making an impact in West Virginia
- Must love our four-legged friends
- Able to work a flexible schedule
- Retail experience preferred
- Professional appearance and demeanor
- Able to lift up to 40 pounds
- Must be able to stand, walk, lift and bend for up to 8 hours a day
- Work up to 18 hours on weekends (includes evenings and some holidays) with potential to work additional hours during the week when business allows
- Strong time-management skills
- High school diploma or equivalent required
This position is a part-time non-exempt position and offers a competitive hourly wage plus tips.
Email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Please title your email “Tasting Room Attendant”.